Amador Valley Scholarships, Inc. offers scholarships to Pleasanton Unified School District students who have applied to accredited colleges, universities, junior colleges, or vocational schools. Scholarships winners are announced in May and paid after proof of enrollment at an accredited college, university, junior college, or vocational school. Minimum amount of each scholarship is $750.
Scholarships will be awarded based on the following criteria:
- Relatively high degree of academic achievement or vocational proficiency
- Positive activity record in high school and/or community
- Well-defined plan for the future
- Strong recommendation
- Demonstrated financial need
Each complete application packet includes:
- Completed application form/financial statement
- Unofficial high school transcript (Zangle/StudentConnection NOT accepted)
- Personal essay (no more than one typewritten page). Select one topic listed below. Please write the topic on your essay page.
- Relate the process by which you arrived at your current career plans. Include events or persons who influenced your choice.
- Describe your personal strengths, qualities, and/or characteristics. Include events or persons who helped you develop those qualities.
- One written recommendation from an adult other than a family member
Interviews will be held on April 26, 2020 at 275 Rose Ave. Suite 209 in Pleasanton. Please make sure your schedule permits your attendance at this mandatory 10 to 15 minute interview. There will be no exceptions. If you have not been notified of an interview by April 20, 2020, please contact Mary Reding at firstname.lastname@example.org